Applied Industrial Technologies has received numerous inquiries from customers on the impact of COVID-19 on our supply chain. We want to inform you that Applied® is taking steps to ensure we are able to continue to meet our customers’ needs without interruption.
We are here when you need us.
While there are numerous Shelter in Place and Stay at Home orders, Applied’s current status remains unchanged. As an essential business, Applied Industrial Technologies has been called upon to maintain operations, distribute critical parts and provide services that support our industrial infrastructure.
We are monitoring our supply chain.
Our teams are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and its implications on our supply chain in order to proactively minimize any impact on our customers. We continually maintain awareness of the daily changing dynamics in all regions and countries involving significant manufacturing. We proactively monitor and evaluate the impact, if any, to our manufacturing supplier partners worldwide. To date, we have not received notice from any major supplier of anticipated shortages of our primary products, with the exception of a subset of safety products such as masks, nitrile gloves, and hand sanitizers. Furthermore, Applied sources parts from multiple suppliers in various geographies in order to maintain continuity in our sourcing channels. In most instances, if we experience a shortage by one supplier, we can find an equivalent part from another supplier. Should we receive information that leads us to believe a shortage of product will occur, we will assess which customers will be impacted and communicate this information as soon as available.
Rest assured, we will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and take the necessary steps to minimize any supply chain interruptions to our customers.
We are adhering to safety guidelines.
Following precautionary guidelines outlined by the CDC, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) — including frequent hand washing, social distancing, and preventative facility cleaning — help us minimize the impact of COVID-19 on our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities where we operate.
For our customers, we are committed to keeping our services up and running; we know how important our products are to your business, and how a delayed order can impact your ability to do your job. We want to highlight additional measures and steps that we are proactively engaging in throughout our organization to ensure service:
• Our internal communications system promptly notifies associates of COVID-19 updates and affiliated company processes and responses.
• Preventative and enhanced cleaning has been established at our numerous locations.
• We are following the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices and advising our employees accordingly.
• In addition to the CDC travel guidelines, we have instituted a review and approval process for work-related air travel to minimize risk of exposure by our associates.
• We are closely monitoring the disease severity in local markets where communities and businesses have been impacted. Our point-of-sale data management system can scan our entire inventory in seconds to locate parts at our service centers and distribution centers aiding in identifying critical inventory in non-affected markets / communities. We can then take the appropriate and CDC approved measures to deliver the products in those markets.
• Our company-wide contingency plan ensures that we can continue to service our customers even if a location has to close, including putting in the information technology tools needed to allow our associates to work from home should the need arise. We have also established a process to balance service center demand to handle customer needs.
• Should we become aware that any of our associates are exposed to COVID-19 or have contracted COVID-19 we will follow CDC guidance on appropriate notice requirements, including whether notice would need to be provided to any customers.
We are accessible.
Support for critical industrial components is just a phone call away. As an added measure of convenience, you can connect with Applied® through www.Applied.com where you have real-time access to available inventory, can place orders, track shipments and search for products.
To help us provide prompt delivery of your requested products, please be sure to let Applied know of any changes to delivery or plant visitation procedures you have put in place in response to COVID-19. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
We are open and ready to support your needs.
• Applied® promptly provides critical parts, services and solutions… enabling movement in every industrial application. More than 50% of Applied’s demand is in response to critical “break / fix” requirements for our customers. Our point-of-sale data management system can scan our entire inventory in seconds to locate parts at our service centers and distribution centers, aiding in identifying critical inventory.
• Applied® serves essential industries... supporting Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Transportation, Energy & Power Generation, Chemical & Petrochemical, Life Sciences, Warehousing & Logistics, Municipalities, and more
• Applied® provides know-how… promptly addressing a wide variety of unique customer operational needs with dedicated associates who are highly trained and focused on providing specialized services
We offer our unwavering dedication
Providing essential maintenance repair items, including, bearings, power transmission components, industrial rubber, fluid power, janitorial supplies, safety, general maintenance, and more is our commitment to you. We stand ready to serve your needs and keep you up and running.
Thank you for your business and in all you do to support our communities. We encourage you to call your local Applied® service center at 1-877-279-2799 for additional questions or business matters and look forward to serving you now and in the future.