Corporate Contributions Program
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main guidelines of Applied's Corporate Contributions Program?
• Primary consideration is given to requests for programs or projects that:
o Address Applied’s funding priorities of education, human services, health, arts and culture, and civic organizations (public and societal benefit).
o Are orchestrated with an organization having a solid record of planning and executing programs.
o Are recommended by an Applied associate or have Applied associate affiliation.
o Are located in, or significantly serve, the Greater Cleveland area, where our corporate headquarters is located.
How are funding decisions made?
• The Applied Corporate Contributions Committee oversees the Program budget, reviews submitted requests, and provides notification (approval or decline), in accordance with Program guidelines.
• Contribution dollars are based on earnings and are budgeted accordingly. Applied does not have a matching gift program.
What kinds of programs, projects and organizations are NOT funded?
• Debt retirement
• Fraternal or labor organizations
• Individuals or individual endeavors
• Political parties / campaigns
• Political action committees
• Individual churches. However, Applied will support ecumenical non-denominational groups which conduct activities within the Program’s guidelines.
What is the process for submitting a funding proposal?
• Please complete and submit the online form as instructed.
• Requests will be carefully reviewed and evaluated within the Company’s Program guidelines.
• Response notification (approval or decline) will be provided via email or phone call.
You are welcome to contact the Applied Corporate Contributions Committee with any questions or if further information is needed.