RED, BLUE OR PURPLE: HOW TO CHOOSE A LOCTITE® THREADLOCKER
Invented 50 years ago by Loctite Corporation, now Henkel Corporation, this revolutionary method to lock and seal threaded fasteners with liquid anaerobic adhesives has found worldwide acceptance. Suited for a wide range of applications, from delicate electronic components to heavy industrial equipment, LOCTITE® threadlockers have dramatically increased the reliability of threaded assemblies.
HOW TO CHOOSE A LOCTITE® THREADLOCKER
WHEN CHOOSING A THREADLOCKER, THERE ARE FOUR THINGS TO CONSIDER:
• Low Strength (Purple): Ideal for fasteners <1/4" (6 mm). Easy disassembly using hand tools
• Medium Strength (Blue): Designed to be removable with standard hand tools on 1/4" to 3/4" (6 mm to 22 mm) fasteners
• High Strength (Red): Designed to deliver high strength on 1/4" to 3/4" (6 mm to 22 mm) fasteners. For removal, it may require localized heat (>550°F)/260°C) hand tools, and disassembly while hot
• Liquid Formulas: Everyday assembly; ideal for fine threads and blind holes
• Semisolid Formulas: Pocket-friendly; ideal for overhead applications
• Tape Formula: Pocket-friendly; controlled application: can be pre-applied several days before assembly
3. Application Methods
• Pre-Applied: QuickTape threadlocker can be applied beforehand on bolts that are waiting to be assembled
• Pre-Assembly: Most LOCTITE® liquid threadlockers are designed to be applied at the moment that parts will be assembled
• Post-Assembly: Wicking grade formula can be applied on parts that are already assembled
DISCLAIMER: The above content is provided by the supplier. Applied does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the content. The above content is provided “AS IS”, AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. All warranties, if any, are solely from the supplier.