The PPI Herringbone Wing® was designed for those applications where conventional wings suffer from excessive material lodging and wing folding. The extreme wing angles of up to 45°, use the pulleys rotation to eject material out the sides of the pulley rather than recirculating it as a conventional wing often does. These extreme angles and optimized wing height, along with a center reinforcement disc, all combine to make an incredibly strong design that excels where others fail.
How it works:
• Herringbone wing pulley discharge material out the side of the pulley, in fewer rotations, rather than recycling material back onto the belt.
• Curved wings reduce the amount of air being moved and reduce the amount dust being stirred.
• The pulley is in constant contact with the belt; preventing belt slap, vibration, and wear. Additionally, herringbone pattern doubles the contact points in the center of the belt proving better support and further reducing vibration
• Flights angled at 45° throw material off the belt, doing a better job of cleaning and preventing material build up and plugs
• Diameters of 12” to 60” and face widths of 12” to 78”
• Classes to better match application requirements: – For aggregate, the Herringbone Wing (HBW) – For use in more abusive applications
DISCLAIMER: The above content is provided by the supplier. Applied does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the content. The above content is provided “AS IS”, AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. All warranties, if any, are solely from the supplier.