Food & Beverage
Leeson Extreme Duck® Ultra Motors - Food Grade
Leeson knows your washdown duty motors have tough environments to face. With constant exposure to high-pressure sprays and harsh chemicals, the slightest opening could lead to motor damage or bacteria build-up. That’s why they didn’t leave anything to chance, designing a motor more watertight than ever before. The entire motor housing, including the end bells, is encapsulated for unsurpassed sealing. All to help you avoid downtime and reduce replacement costs by keeping what’s outside – out.
The Leeson Extreme Duck® Ultra Motors Are Great for the Food Industry:
• The Q-Car rotor cartridge replacement kit makes replacing worn bearings ultra-simple. No special tools, no damaged seals. The kit ensures a perfectly fitted and watertight bearing with no additional machining required in only a matter of minutes.
• Patent-pending 360° rotatable O-ring conduit box simplifies installation. An adapter within the smooth-weld conduit box allows for full rotation, convenient wire entry, and protects the non-wicking chemical- and abrasion-resistant colored leads.
• Two-piece shaft seal technology provides three points of protection on both ends of the motor. This proprietary shaft seal underwent a year of testing — 8,760 hours – to ensure what’s outside, stays out.
• Patented vacuum epoxy encapsulation system ensures liquids won’t penetrate the motor, increasing motor life and reducing plant downtime
• 300-Series Stainless Steel used on all exterior surfaces gives ideal protection against severe chemical-processing applications and frequent washdown processes using salt water, nitric acids, and solvents.
• IP69 certified enclosure protection
• Full body epoxy encapsulation
• Enhanced shaft seal technology to handle installation in any orientation
• Color-coded, non-wicking motor leads
• Inverter-rated IRIS® insulation system — AC designs 1HP and higher
• 10:1 constant torque operation
• Shaft grounding rings (SGR) designs available – ½ -2HP
• BISSC Certified, UL, CSA listed, CE
DISCLAIMER: The above content is provided by the supplier. Applied does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the content.
The above content is provided “AS IS”, AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
All warranties, if any, are solely from the supplier.