Skip to content Skip to navigation menu


WEG Motors - Aggregate

WEG W22 - Three Phase Motor

High performance with maximum energy efficiency is the goal of the new WEG electric motor. High efficiency and Low cost of Ownership throughout the entire motor lifetime have been the basis for the W22 development. A design created to maximize performance and energy savings.

• Lower total operational costs – A product that can operate most of its designed lifetime consuming the minimum possible energy, with high levels of reliability, generating the maximum value to the user – this is what is behind W22 new concept. 

• Inverter Duty applications – The exclusive WISE insulation system used on the W22 increases winding dielectric resistance, thus allowing VFD operation up to 575V without requiring further modification, resulting in flexibility and extended motor lifetime.

• Built to last – W22 motors are built using high quality FC-200 cast iron from WEG‘s own foundries, assuring maximum durability and high performance in aggressive conditions. The new fan cover design provides great impact resistance. Additionally the endshields have been designed for a better bearing heat dissipation and structural rigidity. Protected by our WEG coatings high performance paint system capable of passing a 240hr ASTM 117B salt fog chamber test. 

• Energy saving – Costs of energy correspond to approximately 90% of total operational costs throughout a motors lifetime. Acquisition, installation and maintenance cost are the other 10%. W22 new industrial motor platform is available with NEMA Premium® efficiencies, guaranteeing energy savings and reduced payback time.

W22, A New Concept:

  • Excellent cost benefit ratio
  • Optimization of energy resources
  • Updated electrical features
  • Noise level reduction
  • Vibration level reduction
  • Easier maintenance


The WEG W22 Crusher Duty motor has been redesigned for even higher performance and energy efficiency, while still retaining all the great features of the previous W21 Crusher Duty motor. Designed to meet the demanding requirements of the rock crushing industry, the Crusher Duty motor comes standard with 4140 high strength shafts and heavy duty roller bearings. This motor complies or exceeds EISA 2016 regulations. Compliment your WEG Crusher Duty motor with our TPH2 Starter to complete your solution!

Benefits from the new frame design:

• Motor temperature reduction

• Eyebolts repositioned – Easier handling in the application

• Provision for vibration sensors – Frame and endshields with provisions 90° displaced according to maintenance technical recommendations. Easier and more reliable vibration analysis.

Solid feet – Enhanced reliability when operating on high vibration applications and also provide easier alignment on installation. 

• Oversized Roller Bearings – All WEG Crusher Duty Motors have oversized NU series roller bearings for long life under heavy belt loads.

• Exclusive WSeal® bearing sealing system – Extends motor lifetime when operating in aggressive environments by protecting the motor against water and dust guaranteeing proper degree of protection. Frames 586/7 and larger utilize a brass labyrinth Taconite Seal.

• Stator core utilizing C4 coated Low loss Silicon Steel – Premium Electricial Steel for improved efficiency, reliability and repairability, C4 coated silicon steel can withstand burnout oven temperature of 500 °C (932 °F) minimum, to insure motors can be rebuilt to original performance.

IEEE STD 841™ - 2009, NEMA Premium Efficiency Motors with Inspro / Seal

WEG’s IEEE841 motors are specially suited for Pulp & Paper mills, Steel mills, Petrochemical Plants and diverse demanding applications requiring severe duty long life motors.

WEG’s W22 cast iron platform has an improved cooling system and solid feet for cooler operation and reduced vibration and noise extending the life of the motor.

• Class F insulation (Impregnation Resin and magnet wire are class H)

• 1.25 service factor up to 100 HP

• Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolators both ends

• Bearing protection exceeds IP55

• Vibration: 0.04 inches per second or less

• Guaranteed foot flatness to within 0.005”

• Bearing life 50,000 hours (L-10)

• Interior surfaces are epoxy coated

• Non-sparking fan

• EEE 841 Test Report in conduit box

                                                       DISCLAIMER: The above content is provided by the supplier. Applied® does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the content. 
                                                       The above content is provided “AS IS”, AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
                                                       All warranties, if any, are solely from the supplier.